So as well as all the business side of stuff I have been doing, I have actually managed to get in the garden and carry on with some of the work needed for the re-design.
What started out looking like this:
Now looks like this:
I managed to fill about 35 waste bags and once I ran out of those, I took to piling up the moved earth ready to refill them once they are empty.
The area I am attempting to flatten out is where the new lawn is going to go. You can see from the picture below how much of a slope there is in this area so the amount of soil that will need to be removed is unbelievable!
I hope to crack on with some more next week, but (and I can’t believe I am going to say this!), but due to the lack of rain, the soil is now SOLID so I am going to have to wait until we get a shower before I will be able to get the spade through it.