For the last couple of days I have been trying to make a dent in the work I need to do digging out the new lawn (well, first half anyway!).
Last time I was able to do any of it before the ground dried up too much, I got this far:
After yesterday and today’s efforts, it now looks like this:
Not bad considering I have done all of this on my own with just a spade! And for those of you wondering just how much soil I have moved so far, take a look at this pile!!
I’m pleased because I can now see the ‘back line’ to the new lawn and can start working out where to put my raised flower bed.
In other news, the MARIGOLD ‘Durango Mix’ that I sowed on 22/03/16 have already started to germinate:
And even better, the ECHINACEA ‘Pink Parasol’ which were sown on 29/02/16 are also showing signs of life 🙂
With another dry day being forecast for tomorrow, I have a feeling I will be adding to that soil pile 😉