Apologies for not posting for a couple of days, but I have been making the most of the mild and dry spell of weather and have been, where else, but in the garden.
Whilst reviewing my handy work so far, a rather pleasing thought dawned on me. I am actually in a really privileged position with my whole garden project. I have no emotional attachment to anything in the garden as it stands which means I am completely free to rip anything and everything out that I want to without having to plan a new area or bed whilst trying to figure out how I am going to make an existing plant or feature ‘fit’. I am literally free as a bird with a blank canvas. How exciting (and more than a little daunting!) is that????
Whilst rifling through my garden photos, I came across one I took of the first bunch of Sweet Peas that came out of my new garden. Such a beautiful pink! Thankfully there were masses of them as my garden needed a shot of colour!
I have found a garden design tool, which on the surface looks fab and what’s more, it’s completely free. I haven’t had a proper play with it as yet, but as soon as I do, I will upload some ideas that I have for my makeover!
Anyway, back to my garden story so far:
So, after tackling the top bed, I decided to move to the bottom bed on the left hand side. This area is the shadiest part of the garden and the dampness of the soil confirmed this. The crazy paving that was in this area was a real issue to lift and I endured several hours swinging my frustrations out with a lump hammer. I also needed a little ‘man help’!
The whole area again was filled with dreaded Muscari bulbs, but with a bit of elbow grease, they were soon out 🙂
By the end of it, the area was looking much clearer and I was happy to think that I was making some real progress.